The Greenbusch Group is a multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting firm based in the Interbay neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The Acoustical Department is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the position of Acoustician to support a wide variety of interesting projects. This particular position is in our Portland, Oregon office.
The Greenbusch Acoustical Department provides the following services:
- Environmental noise and vibration (industrial, construction, etc.).
- HVAC noise and vibration (building systems, noise code compliance, etc.).
- Building acoustics (sound isolation, reverberation control, etc.).
- Test and measurement (environmental noise, building acoustics, vibration, etc.)
At a minimum, the Acoustician would initially be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review building plans and analyze acoustical characteristics such as reverberation, sound isolation, HVAC system noise and vibration, structure borne sound transfer, etc.
- Develop acoustical recommendations to satisfy design criteria and coordinate with the design team.
- Develop design narratives and coordination memoranda, as required, to support the design process.
- Perform environmental noise/vibration assessments using modeling software and manual calculations.
- Conduct short-term and long-term acoustical measurements.
- Lift 50 pounds and be able to transport measurement equipment to and from measurement sites.
- Five years of experience as a consulting acoustician
- Acoustics-specific education can count towards this experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science or related field.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and a high appreciation for quality customer service.
- Self-motivated, able to manage own schedule, coordinate multiple projects, and reliably meet deadlines.
- Experience with basic scientific testing protocols, data acquisition, data interpretation and reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Other position details:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.US Citizenship or appropriate work visa is required.
- Electronic submission of a resume and transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or agency solicitations please.