Snohomish County Administration Building
NBBJ - Everett, WA
The facility included sound reinforcement and A/V presentation in the Council Chambers and divisible meeting rooms.
Greenbusch also provided A/V designs for this project.
Grand Teton Visitor Center
BCJ Architects - Moose, WY
This new visitor’s center has large expanses of glass to showcase the Grand Teton Mountains and surrounding habitat. Surface finishes were designed to preserve the architectural intent, visually, and to control noise and reverberation. Construction required to provide sufficient sound isolation for the theatre was also carefully considered. Recommendations also included mechanical noise and vibration control.
The building includes a gathering hall and fireplace, interpretive exhibits, reception and visitor information services, an art gallery, 50-person classroom, an extensive bookstore, administrative offices, and a 154-seat auditorium with a “glass curtain wall” that showcases the surrounding landscape.
- 2011 Honor Award, AIA Northwest and Pacific Region
- 2010 Green GOOD DESIGN, The European Center for Architecture and The Chicago Athenaeum
- 2009 Honor Award, AIA Seattle
- 2008 American Architecture Awards, The Chicago Athenaeum
- 2008 Silver Medal for Design Excellence, AIA Pennsylvania
- 2007 Honor Award, Wood Design Awards
- 2007 Award of Excellence, AIA Northeastern Pennsylvania
Seattle City Hall
Bassetti - Seattle, WA
Recommendations included noise and reverberation control in the council chambers, meeting rooms and lobby/gathering spaces.
Greenbusch also provided noise and vibration control for the mechanical system.
- LEED Certified - Gold
Seattle Justice Center
NBBJ - Seattle, WA
Recommendations for sound isolation, interior shaping and finishes in various courtroom, interrogation rooms, and police facilities.
Sound isolation challenges included isolation of noise and vibration from a loading dock above the police facility.
Recommendations were also provided for mechanical noise and vibration control in the courtrooms.
- LEED Certified - Silver
- 2004 BEST Sustainable Building Award
- 2004 IIDA Northern Pacific Chapter IN Awards - Design in Mass, Best in Competition
Ballard Library & Neighborhood Service Center
BCJ Architects - Seattle, WA
The acoustical scope for this new library included control of noise exposure from building mechanical systems at the adjacent residences, and recommendations for surface finishes to control interior noise and reverberation. The new construction includes a public meeting room, children’s area and service center lobby.
- 2007 AIA National / ALA Library Building Award
- 2007 AIA Northwest and Pacific Region Merit Award for Design
- 2006 AIA National Committee on the Environment Top Ten Green Award, National Honor Award, and Seattle Commendation
- 2006 Green Roofs for Healthy Cities, Green Roof Award of Excellence Extensive Institutional Category
- 2005 AIA Washington Council Honor Award for Civic Design
- 2003 Seattle Design Commission Commendation for Design Excellence and Innovation